Before adding a new part to your local inventory you will need to have the Parts Master record created.
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to the parts master record
- Add a new part to location
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to the Parts Master Record
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Parts Master in the search area.
- Click the Parts Master link.
- Click the Part Number of the part you wish to add to physical location.
Step Two: Add a New Part
- Click the dropdown icon of the Parts related object.
- Click New.
- The parts fields auto-populate with the parts master info.
- The Company field is populated by your set location.
- Verify the Company field is correct.
- Click Save.
After clicking save the Parts record is created for the designated Location.