Before adding parts to a purchase order you will need to Create a Purchase Order.
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to a purchase order record
- Add parts to a purchase order
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to Purchase Order Record
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Purchase Orders in the quick find area.
- Click Purchase Orders.
- Select the desired purchase order.
Step Two: Add Parts to Purchase Order
The Add Part section consists of (a) part field, (b) add new part button, (c) quantity field, (d) notes field, (e) add part button.
- Enter <part name> or <part description> in the part field,
- Click the Search icon.
- Select the part.
- Enter <amount> in the quantity field.
- Click Add Part to Purchase Order button.
Purchase Order Line
The Purchase Order Lines section shows the different parts added to the PO. The PO Amount field shows a summation of the total cost of the added parts.
Now the Purchase Order has Parts added, learn how to Receive a Purchase Order.