DealerTeam makes Part Management and Supersession easy. Changes to the Parts Master will apply globally and extend to multiple locations.
Part Supersession is an important function that can be used to:
- Update Part A to a manufacturer's issued Part A-a, where the part is essentially the same but the part number has changed.
- Make Part A obsolete to be replaced by Part B, when both parts perform the exact same function.
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to the parts master record
- Supersede a part
Step One: Navigate to the Parts Master Record
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Parts Master in the search area.
- Click the Parts Master link.
- Click the desired Parts Master record.
Step Two: Supersede the Part
- Click the dropdown button.
- Click Supersession.
- Enter the New Part #.
- Click Supersede.
The Part Number will be updated on the Parts Master. The Parts Supersessions will be seen on the related list