Before receiving a PO learn how to Create a Purchase Order.
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to a purchase order
- Receive a purchase order
- Review a received purchase order
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to a Purchase Order
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Purchase Orders in the quick find field.
- Click Purchase Orders.
- Click the desired Purchase Order.
Step Two: Receive Purchase Order
- Click the Receive Purchase Order button.
- Verify that the QTY Received fields are correct.
- Click Receive Parts and Accept.
Note: If you want to receive parts without accepting the PO click the Receive Parts and Keep Open button.
Received Purchase Order
After receiving a purchase order:
The Vendor field is no longer editable
The Status field will be changed to Accepted
PO Receiving Events section will populate with a Receive Event
PO Lines are no longer editable
The Received field on PO lines will be populated