After completing this how-to you will have the ability, based on your level of access, to Add or Edit your pricing strategy for the sale of Parts.
Locate Pricing Strategy Tab
Start by selecting the DealerTeam Parts App in the upper right-hand side. The correct tab may already be in your tab bar.
If not click on all tabs (+) sign and search the list of tabs for Pricing Strategy and click on it.
Click New Button
After the Pricing Strategy tab opens it will display a list of recently viewed pricing strategy. Nothing will be displayed if this is the first time opening the tab. Locate and click the New button.
Complete Required Fields
All fields with red lines are required to be populated.
- Price Level - Name the Price Level, in this example, a wholesale strategy is being created.
- Active - Select the Active check box to make the strategy show on the parts invoice drop-down list.
- Order - The system will automatically assign an order number.
- Base On (Parts) - Select the variable amount to be calculated on Cost or List.
- Parts Variable Amount - Determine the percentage of Mark Up or Discount in the pricing strategy.
NOTE: Parts Variable Amount can be a negative number. If you wanted to make a pricing strategy for discounts, you can use List as Base On (parts) and put -10 in the Parts Variable Amount to calculate a List minus 10% discount.
Click Save or Save & New to take you directly back to create another Pricing Strategy. Repeat these steps to create more as needed.
Double Check the new Price Level
After adding a new pricing strategy, double check the Price Level pick list when creating a new Parts Invoice or a Parts Quote.