Rental Agreements can only be completed on selected vehicles in-stock.
There are two prerequisites that need to be completed prior to writing a rental agreement:
- The Record Type for a vehicle needs to be set to Rental and the In Stock checkbox needs to be checked.
- A Rental Rate needs to be determined to apply the Daily Rate, Weekly Rate, and Mileage Allowed for different vehicle types.
In addition, a System Admin should setup the dealership Location and CRM Rental Settings. If this has not been completed the system will prompt an error. For technical assistance regarding this issue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To create a Rental Agreement you will need to complete several steps: Details Tab, Insurance Tab, Fees Tab (when applicable).
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This module is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to Rental Agreements
- Click App Launcher .
- Enter Rental Agreements in the Search bar.
- Click Rental Agreements.
- Click New to create a Rental Agreement.
Step Two: Start a New Rental Agreement
A pop-up modal will display to initialize the Rental Agreement. Contact, Rental Vehicle, and Rental Rate Code lookup fields prompt the user to start a New Rental Agreement.
- Contact -
- Search by Persons Account, Business Account or Contact. Selecting a contact will pre-populate the Driver's Tab when drivers license information is available on the contact record.
- Rental Vehicle -
- Search by Stock #, Year, Make, and Model.
- Rental Rate Code -
- Select a Rental Rate by typing Rate Code or description of Rate Code.
Click Create New when done to advance to the next step.
Step Three: Complete the Details Tab
The Details Tab is selected by default. All required fields are indicated with red asterisks and may differ based on requirements set by your Organization.
The following fields are pre-populated based on the Rental Rates selected upon creation.
- Daily Mileage Limit
- Excess Miles Fee
- Fuel Charge Per Gallon
Complete the following fields in the Details Tab:
- Select desired rental dates using Date Out and Date DUE IN fields.
- Enter the vehicle mileage upon checkout using Mileage Out.
- Select the percentage of Fuel Level on Checkout.
- Apply discounts to the following fields (select one): Days Free, Discount, Discount Percentage. Discounts fields are correlated so when selecting an appropriate discount field the other fields will calculate.
- If the Rental Agreement is Tax Exempt, click the checkbox.
Before clicking Start Rental, you will need to complete the Insurance Tab (See Sixth Step).
Step Four: Drivers Tab
The main driver and additional driver's license information will pre-populate fields based on the selected Contact (second step). To change the main driver, click the Drivers Tab. Click X to delete the current Driver. Enter the customer name in the Customer Contact field. To view possible matching contacts, scroll down to select the desired Account. Multiple accounts will appear with additional contact information (Address and Email) to help differentiate between similar accounts.
Note: The Customer Contact field is a look-up to existing Accounts. In order to add a customer to a Rental Agreement ensure the customer has an Account or Sales Up created.
Click Add Driver to include additional drivers. Enter the New Driver information then click Save.
The Drivers Tab will include the driver's information along with the additional driver.
Step Five: Vehicle Tab
Click the Vehicle Tab. Click the X to delete the rental vehicle. Click in the Rental Vehicle field to search for by lookup using a Stock # or Description of the vehicle. Only Rental Vehicles display. If the desired vehicle is not displaying ensure the vehicle record type is set to Rental.
Step Six: Insurance Tab
Click the Insurance Tab. Enter the customer's insurance information. After completing the Insurance information,
Step Seven: Process Rental
After completing all the necessary information click Start Rental to confirm the Rental Agreement.
Fields will lock after clicking Start Rental. To edit the Rental Agreement details click Update Agreement. To begin a Rental Agreement return click Start Return.
Print Contract or Rental Agreement
To print the Rental Agreement, click Print Contract.
After clicking Print Contract. You will see a window pop including a PDF copy of the Rental Agreement. To print from your computer click File then scroll down and click Print.
The next step is to Process a Rental Return.