After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to the edit details screen.
- Edit the Drivers tab.
- Add Additional Drivers
- Edit the Vehicle tab
- Edit the Insurance tab
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This module is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to Edit Details
- Open the Rental Agreement.
- Click Dropdown button located on the top right of the highlights bar.
- Click the Edit button.
Step Two: Edit Drivers Tab
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Click X to delete the current Driver.
- Enter customer name in the Customer Contact field.
- Scroll down to view possible matches, then select the desired Account.
Multiple accounts will appear with additional contact information (Address and Email) differentiating accounts.
- Click Add Driver to include additional drivers.
- Enter the New Driver information
- Click Save.
The Drivers tab will include the driver's information along with the additional driver.
Step Three: Edit Vehicle tab
- Click the Vehicle tab.
- Click the X to delete the rental vehicle.
- Click in the Rental Vehicle field to search for a vehicle by lookup using a stock # or description of the vehicle.
Note: Rental vehicles are only displayed. If the desired vehicle is not displayed ensure the vehicle inventory record type is set to Rental.
Step Four: Insurance tab
- Click the Insurance tab.
- Enter the customer's insurance information.
- Click Save.
The next step is to Process a Rental Return.