Attention, Users! Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This module is designed for both Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic.
Step One: Navigate to the Rental Scheduler
- Click App Launcher.
- Type "Rental Scheduler" in the search bar. Click Rental Agreements.
Rental Scheduler Defined
Before scheduling a Rental Event be sure to set your store location (see step one below). Each location may have different inventories available for rent.
- Store Location filter: Click the dropdown and a list of stores will be available to choose from. A lookup is also available to search store locations. Next, select a store.
- Region filter: Click the dropdown to filter locations by region. Next, select a region.
- Move forward or back by Day, Week, Month or Timeline Week. See #4 to select filter.
- Select Day, Week, Month or Timeline Week to filter the Rental Scheduler view.
- List of available rental vehicles.
- The red line determines the day and/or time of the week.
- Rental card: A rental card shows what dates the vehicles are booked along with the Rental #, Type of Rental, Deposit Amount, Delivery Fee and Discount amount. For this particular vehicle:
- Rental # - 0, Type of Rental - Insurance, Deposit Amount - $100, Delivery Fee - $25, Discount - $50
Step Two: Schedule Rental Reservation with Dates and Vehicle
Double click in a tile that matches the date and vehicle desired. For this example, the desired vehicle is a 2018 Nissan Maxima with a start date of Wednesday, September 12th.
Step Three: Complete a Rental Reservation Card
A Rental Appointment Card is used to quickly schedule a Rental Appointment. The next step is to complete a Rental Agreement.
- A vehicle will be auto-populated based on your selection. To change the vehicle click the dropdown and use the vehicle lookup to search for the desired vehicle.
- Click the dropdown and search for the customer using the lookup.
- Click the calendar icon to set the Event Start date and click the clock icon to set the Event Start time.
- Click the calendar icon to set the Event End date and click the clock icon to set the Event End time.
- Type additional information or notes here.
- Select the Rental Type by clicking on the desired type. This color is also represented on the calendar to assign the type of rental.
- Click the dropdown and select the Rental Rate. Available rates will appear after clicking the dropdown or are searchable by the rental rate lookup.
- Input Delivery Fee.
- Input Vehicle License Fee.
- Input Deposit Amount.
- Input # of Days Free.
- Input % Discount.
- Input Discount Amount.
- Check checkbox if the Rental is Tax Exempt.
After completing the Schedule Event card click Save.
Completed Rental Reservation Card
Step Four: Reservations on the Rental Scheduler
- Hovering over a rental reservation will display the Rental Reservation mini-page (2) seen in black and white, the open Rental Agreement button (3) and the Rental Schedule Event Detail button (4).
- Rental Reservation mini-page.
- Click to open the Rental Agreement.
- Click to open the Rental Schedule Event Detail.
After completing a Rental Reservation the next step is to learn How to Complete a Rental Agreement.