After reading this article you will know how to:
- Navigate the Rental Scheduler
- Schedule a Reservation
- Complete a Rental Card
Step One: Navigate to the Rental Scheduler
From the DealerTeam Rentals app click the Rental Agreements tab.
Rental Scheduler Defined
Before scheduling a Rental Event be sure to set your store location (see step one below). Each location may have different inventories available for rent.
- Store Location - Click the dropdown and choose from a list of available store locations.
- Region - Click the dropdown to filter locations by region.
- Toggle Arrows - Move forward or back by Day, Week, Month or Timeline Week. (See #4 to select filter)
- Filter by Duration - Select Day, Week, Month or Timeline Week to filter the Rental Scheduler view.
- Rental Fleet - List of available rental vehicles.
- Red Line - Indicated the current day and/or time of the week.
- Rental Card - Quick display of Rental #, Reservation Dates, Rental Type, Deposit Amount, Delivery Fee and Discount. The scheduler displays an associated color with each Rental Type.
In this example:
- Yellow - Rental Type Insurance
- Green - Rental Type Customer
Step Two: Schedule Rental Reservation with Dates and Vehicle
Double Click in any open tile to schedule a new rental reservation.
Each row is specific to the vehicle displayed. Choose a Date and Time from the column that matches the desired vehicle. For this example, the desired vehicle is a 2018 Nissan Maxima with a start date of September 12, Wednesday. Choose the exact time after you open the Rental Card.
Step Three: Complete a Rental Reservation Card
A Rental Appointment Card is used to quickly schedule a Rental Appointment. The next step is to complete a Rental Agreement.
- Vehicle - Auto-populated based on your selection. Change the vehicle from the dropdown
- Customer - Click the dropdown and search for the Customer using the lookup.
- Event Start, Event End - Click the calendar icon to set the Event Start date and the Event End date.
- Click the clock icon to set the Event Start time and the Event End time.
- Description - Type additional notes in this box.
- Type - Select the desired rental Type by clicking on the related color. The color will display on the rental scheduler.
- Rental Rate - Click the dropdown and select an available Rental Rate. Search by Rental Rate # or Description.
- Delivery Fee and Vehicle License Fee Inputs
- Deposit Amount Input.
- Days Free - Input the number of days free
- % Discount or flat Discount Amount Input
- Tax Exempt - checkbox to mark the Rental non taxable.
After completing the Schedule Event card click Save.
Step Four: Reservations on the Rental Scheduler
There are bound to be changed after the Rental Scheduler starts to fill up. Here are a few tips to help manage existing reservations on the Rental Scheduler.
- Hover over a scheduled Rental Reservation to display the event summary.
- Example of a reservation mini-page summary.
- Click to open the Rental Agreement.
- Click to open the Event Details page where you can Edit or Delete.
After completing a Rental Reservation the next step is to learn How to Complete a Rental Agreement.