In this article, learn how to write Rental Agreements on selected vehicles in-stock.
There are two steps that need to be completed prior to writing a rental agreement. First the Record Type for a vehicle needs to be set to Rental and In Stock checkbox checked. Second, a Rental Rate needs to be determined to apply the Daily Rate, Weekly Rate, and Mileage Allowed for different vehicle types.
In addition, the System Admin should have already setup the dealership Location and CRM Rental Settings. If this has not been completed the system will prompt an error. For technical assistance regarding this issue, contact email@example.com
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This module is designed for Lightning Experience.
First Step - Navigate to Application
Click App Launcher
Type "Rental Agreements" in the Search bar. Click Rental Agreements
Second Step - Create New Rental Agreement
Click New to create Rental Agreement
Third Step - Details tab
Details tab is selected by default. Fill out all fields including the required fields indicated with a red asterisk. The required fields will differ depending on the Organization.
Rental Details - Fields to consider
- Rental Rate Codes are formatted by 3 digits starting with 000 in ascending order. Select a Rental Rate by typing rate code or description of rate code.
- Contains information on Daily Rate, Weekly Rate, and Vehicle Type
- Discount percentage: % discounted from the daily rate
- Discount: Fixed amount discounted from the daily rate
- Days Free: Daily rate X # of days free
- Tax exempt: Check the box if the Rental Agreement will be tax exempt.
- Daily Mile Limit, Excess Miles Fee, Fuel Charge per Gallon and Refueling Fee are automatically populated based on store location.
Fourth Step - Drivers tab
Click Drivers tab. Fill out all fields including the required fields indicated with a red asterisk. The required fields will differ depending on the Organization.
Note: The Customer Contact field is a look up to existing Accounts. In order to add a Customer to a Rental Agreement ensure the customer has an Account or Sales Up created.
Begin typing customer name in the Customer Contact field then select the desired Account. Multiple accounts will appear with additional contact information (Address and Email) included differentiating accounts.
- To change the primary driver click Change Primary Driver button. Repeat the beginning of step 4 to select a new primary driver.
- Add an additional driver by filling in their information. To include the first additional driver's License State you will save the Rental Agreement then click the Edit button to select a License State. There will be a picklist of States to select from.
- Click + to add more additional drivers
Fifth Step - Vehicle Inventory tab
Click Vehicle Inventory tab. Fill out all the fields including the required fields indicated with a red asterisk. The required fields will differ depending on the Organization. Click in the Vehicle Inventory field to search for a vehicle using a stock # or description of the vehicle. Rental vehicles are only displayed. If the desired vehicle is not displaying ensure the vehicle inventory record type is set to Rental.
Fields to consider
- Mileage Out: This field will auto-populate based on last return mileage.
- Fuel Level on Checkout: Select the appropriate level of fuel on checkout
Fifth Step - Insurance tab
Click Insurance tab. Fill out all the required fields indicated with a red asterisk. The required fields will differ depending on the Organization. After completing the Insurance tab information click Save to complete the Rental Agreement.
Note: Clicking Save button with a blank required field will not save the record. An error at the top will return missed fields.
Sixth Step - Print Contract or Rental Agreement
The Rental Agreement is now created "RA# 00021" with the Status of Open. To print the Rental Agreement click Print Contract.
After clicking Print Contract. You will see a window pop including a PDF copy of the Rental Agreement. To print from your computer click File then scroll down and click Print.
Sixth Step - Edit Information
Click Edit and select the Details, Drivers, Vehicle Inventory or Insurance tab to edit fields inside the desired tab. After completing edits, click Save.
Seventh Step - Process Return
Click Process Return.
Enter Information for following fields;
- Return Date and Time
- Fuel Level on Return
- Return Mileage
- Return Damage (Notes)
- Fuel Charge on Return
- Additional Charges/Credits
After including additional information click Complete Rental Return to complete the return.
Eighth Step - Print Receipt
Click Print Receipt. Status of the Rental Agreement must be Closed in order to print a receipt.
After clicking Print Receipt you will see a window popup including a PDF copy of the Rental Receipt. To print from your computer click File then scroll down and click Print.
Ninth Step - Re-Open Rental Agreement
To re-open a Rental Agreement click Re-Open Rental Agreement. A Rental Agreement can only be re-opened if the status is Closed.
Once edits have been made. Complete Steps 6 and 7 to complete the Rental Agreement.