After reading this article you will be able to:
- navigate the lightning experience to create a new Sales Up
- understand the suggested records modules
- use the duplicate catcher
- select the record type
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This module is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to New Sales Up
- From the DealerTeam Sales App, click the Sales Up drop-down arrow.
- Click New Sales Up.
Step Two: Complete Contact Information
Populate the fields First Name, Last Name, Mobile, Phone, Email with contact information.
- Contact Information - To create a new Sales Up fill out all required fields and click Next.
- Company Name - Enter a company name if the Sales Up is for a Business Account.
Select Existing Sales Up, Contact or Business Account
Three modules to the right provide suggested records for existing Sales Ups, Contacts and Business Accounts the could be possible matches. To select a suggested match will open an existing record, rather than create a new one.
- Suggested Sales Ups - Scroll through suggested Sales Ups and select an existing record if it matches the contact information entered.
- Suggested Contacts - Scroll through the existing Contacts to search for a match.
- Suggested Business Accounts - Scroll through the existing Business Accounts to search for a match.
A system prompt will confirm the action. Click OK to navigate to the Sales Up record selected.
Step Three: Potential Duplicates
After clicking Next to create a new Sales Up, a pop-up window will display potential duplicate records. Scroll through to see the records and if one does not match continue and click Next.
Step Four: Select the Record Type.
There are 3 Record Types. Select a Record Type to continue and click Create Sales Up.
Standard Sales Up - Standard transaction where selling an Inventory Vehicle and potentially taking a Trade In
Curb Purchase - Transaction where the dealership purchases a vehicle from a customer without selling an Inventory Vehicle
Equipment Only - Used to sell equipment to a customer for use on their own chassis.