After reading this article you will be able to
- Navigate to the accounts page
- Create a new account
- Know the difference between person accounts and business accounts
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic.
Step One: Navigate to the Accounts Page
1. Click the all tabs + icon.
2. Click Accounts.
Step Two: Create an Account
- Click the New button.
- Select the account type.
- Click Continue.
- A Person Account is any customer acting as an individual
- A Business Account is preferred when there will be one or more contacts interacting with the dealership under a single entity.
- Fill in the desired information.
- Click Save.