To learn more about fields read
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to the accounts page
- Create a new account
- Know the difference between person accounts and business accounts
- Verify the new account
Step One: Navigate to the Accounts Page
- From the Sales app click the Accounts drop-down on the navbar.
- Click New Account.
Step Two: Create an Account
- Select the account RECORD type.
- Click Next.
Record Types Defined
- A Person Account is any customer acting as an individual
- A Business Account is preferred when there will be one or more contacts interacting with the dealership under a single entity.
- Fill in the required Last Name field.
Attention! While the only required field is Last Name, accounts have other fields such as: naming fields, address information and other descriptive fields.
- Click Save after all desired fields have values.
Step Three: Verify Account
- To go to the account list view click the Accounts tab on the navbar.
- Select the newly created Account.
View the account record detail.