After reading this article you will be able to
- Navigate to the accounts page
- Create a new account
- Know the difference between person accounts and business accounts
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic.
Step One: Navigate to the Accounts Page
1. Click the all tabs + icon
2. Click Accounts
Step Two: Create an Account
1. Click the New button
2. Select the account type
3. Click Continue
- A Person Account is any customer acting as an individual
- A Business Account is preferred when there will be one or more contacts interacting with the dealership under a single entity.
4. Fill in the desired information
5. Click Save