After this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to service repair orders
- Create a new repair order
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to the Repair Order
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Service Repair Orders in the quick find area.
- Click Service Repair Orders.
Step Two: Create a New Repair Order
- Click New.
The new SRO page consists of: (a) Account, (b) Service Vehicle, (c) Vehicle Inventory, (d) Service Manager, (e) Company, (f) Mileage In and (g) Tag Number. The (a) Account and (f) Mileage In are the only required fields.
- Click the search icon of the Account.
- Click the desired account name.
- Enter the mileage recorded when the vehicle was dropped off for service.
- Click Save.
Select the Service Vehicle (recommended)
Although it is not required, it is recommended to add the Service Vehicle to a Service Repair Order. Add the vehicle before clicking Save.
- Click the search icon of the Service Vehicle.
- Select the All Fields radio button under the search box.
- Type <Last 6 of the VIN>, <VIN>, <Year>, < Make> or <Model> in the search area.
- Click Go.
- Select the desired vehicle.
After the Repair Order has been created learn how to Add Job Lines.