A Repair Order needs to be created or opened before payment methods can be applied.
Apply Multiple Payment Methods to a single Repair Order by controlling the Pay Type of each Job Line.
- What are the standard Pay Type values:
- C - Customer Pay
- W - Warranty
- I - Internal
Each Job Line added to a Repair Order can have a different Pay Type. The charges carry separate totals and will be applied individually to the general ledger.
1. Select the Pay Type when a Job Line is created
Open the desired Repair Order. Located in the Vehicle Information section, click the Add Job Line button.
Select the Op Code
- Standard Op Codes need to be created before they are available to select on a Job Line. Pay Types can be pre-determined or left blank when creating new Op Codes.
- Either way the Pay Type can be edited using the drop down.
- Click Update to add the Job Line to the Repair Order.
2. Edit the Pay Type on an existing Job Line
To modify the Pay Type on Job Line click the Edit button.
NOTE: Open Job Lines with dollar amounts cannot be deleted.
Change the Pay Type
Use the drop down arrow to choose the Pay Type and click Update.
3. If Pay Type is Warranty - Select Warranty Account
If the job line Pay Type is Warranty the next step is to record the Warranty Account
Double click Warranty Account field
1. Type Name of Account
2. Click the Lookup icon to search for Account
Click Account, the window will close then click Save.
Warranty Account is saved
Learn how-to Cashier a Repair Order.