After reading this article you will be able to
- Navigate to the service estimate screen
- Create a new service estimate
- Add a Line Item
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic.
Step One: Navigate to Service Estimate
- Click the all tabs (+)icon
- Select Service estimates
Step Two: Create a New Service Estimate
- Click the New button
- Leave the record type of a new record at Service Estimate
- Click Continue.
- Add the customer in account field by typing in the name and click Go
Note: If the customer does not have an account set up yet you can create a new account from the lookup icon next to the account field.
- Click on the Service Vehicle lookup icon
Note: Make sure you click on the All Fields this will bring up the search box to look up the service vehicle, you can search by account name or the last 6 of the Vin number to locate the correct vehicle. If the vehicle is not in the system you will need to add a service vehicle by going to Service Vehicle tab. After adding the service vehicle you can add the customer account in the Veh Owner Account field. Once you have created the new Service Vehicle you can click on it to add to the Service Estimate.
- Select the Service Vehicle
- Add the current mileage in the Current Mileage field
- Click Save
Step Three: Adding a Line Item
- Click the Add Line button
- Select an Op Code to describe what work will be covered or what customer concern you are trying to address
Note: If you convert this estimate to a repair order this will translate to the Op Code on the Repair order. Try to find a code that fits your specific case.
- After selecting the Op Code, click Update
Note: When selecting the Drop down to the left of the Op Code this will make the Description, Parts, Labor, and Misc. Charges become available for edit. You can also determine the Line Type or payer type at this point.
- Click the Edit button on your job line
- Click Parts tab
- Click Add Part Line button
Note: By clicking on the Add Job Line button a search box for parts from the Parts Master will open.
- Start typing the name of the part, part number or the description of the part and the results will show below
- Select desired part
- Change the quantity if needed
- Click Update
- Click the Labor tab
- Click Add Time button
- Add Book Time
- Add Labor Rate to be calculated on the estimate
- Click Update
Adding Miscellaneous Charges
- Click on the Misc Charges tab
- Click Add Charges button
- Select Code Type
- Type Description
- Type the Price Amount
- Click the Update
After adding charges to the Line Item click Update on the Job Line
Multiple Job Lines can be added to a service estimate
Service Estimate Detail
Estimated Profit formula
Desired Profit - Estimated Pack - Estimate Total
Estimated Total formula
Total Labor Charges + Total Parts Charges + Total Sublet Charges + Cosmetic Total + Total Tax + Total Misc Charges - Discount
Status of the estimate, this will help in reporting at a glance by making a list view or a report to track the status your estimates.