After reading this article you will be able to
- Navigate to the Reports page
- Create a new Report
- Add a Group
- Add a Column
- Edit Filters
- Save the Report
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for the Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to the Reports Page
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Reports in the search area.
- Click the Reports link.
Step Two: Create a Report
Note: In this demonstration we will be creating a report on all Deals with Sales Ups within the last month grouped by Sales People.
- Click the New Report button.
Choose Report Type
- Type Sales Up (all) with Deal in the input field.
- Click Sales Ups (all) with Deal.
- Click Continue.
The Report creator consists of (a) Outline, (b) Filters, (c) Fields, (d) Groups, and (e) Columns.
|(a) Outline||Outline contains the Groups and Columns|
|(b) Filters||The criteria in which data is selected|
|(c) Fields||Every related field for reference|
|(d) Groups||Sort data by specific groups|
|(e) Columns||The fields that appear in the report|
- Enter Owner in the add group input area.
- Click Owner: Full Name under Deals.
- Enter Created Date in the Add column input area.
- Click the Sales Up Created Date.
The field will appear as a new column.
- Click the Filters tab.
- Click the Show Me filter.
- Click the dropdown.
- Select All Sales Up.
- Click Done.
- Click the Date filter.
- Set the Date field to Created Date.
- Set the Range field to Custom Date for the Previous month.
- Click the Apply button.
Step Three: Save the Report
- Click Save & Run.
- Fill out * required field
- Click Save.