The Location object in DealerTeam not only defines the physical location of a Store, but it can also be used to Control multiple facets of how your Business is accounted for. This includes applied taxes and limits on the availability of information to a select use group. This Tutorial will show you how to Create a new Location in lightning, and it will highlight some things you might want to add to your location to increase functionality. With all of the fields we will reference in this tutorial if you need clarification on any of these functions please feel free to reach out to your DealerTeam Success manager for Guidance.
Once you have a map of what you want to add to your new location Go ahead and head over to the App Launcher and Select Location. It will bring up a view of all of your current locations within your Organization. On the Top right you will find a Link to Create a new Location:
Once you do the following Screen will show up, Fill out what fields apply to your new location.
- Location Name - This is how the Location will show up internally to your Users.
- Region - If your Organization supports multiple regions you can assign one here. This will allow The sales for this location to be tracked in reporting by Region.
- Company Number - This is the Unique Prefix for all records for this Enterprise. ( IE Parts and Service Repair Orders)
- Main Phone Number - This will be the Direct line to your main phone
- Company Contract Name - This is the name that will appear on Official Documents, IE the Business Name, If your Organization has separate financials for the different locations be careful with this. This will show on invoices and Bills.
- Email - This would be the generic Email for this location.
- Website - If there are unique websites for your location you can list them here.
- Location Account - This account is the Location Internal Account for all associated internal transactions and inventory ownership.
- Open Hour - When the Show room or Service Department Opens.
- Close Hour - When the Show room or Service Departments Closes.
Going further down the page there is more information to add to your location:
- Street Address - This is used on forms, The Mailing Address is usually what you want here.
- City - Again this is for forms, Use the Mailing Address.
- State - Again this is for forms, Use the Mailing Address.
- General Manager - This is a lookup to users, This title is often leveraged on the Deal and Sales Up's by Process Builders, Another way to think of it would be the Sales Manager for your location.
- Postal Code - Again this is for forms, Use the Mailing Address.
- Service Director - This is a lookup to users, This again is leveraged in other areas, This would normally be the person who reviews the Service Repair Orders.
- County - This is the County where this location does business.
8, 9 and 10, These are used on the Deal Object in order to figure out payments Specifically on the deal recap screen to set values on the Lender and Payment.
Just wait! it keeps coming:
- Service RO Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the The Service Estimate
- Service Invoice Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the Service Repair order Receipt
- Tax Local Rate - This is the Combined total of State and local jurisdiction taxes that need to be collected by your store on taxable work and sales.
- Parts Invoice Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the Parts Invoice page.
- Tax Delivery Address - On the Deal This will toggle whether Sales Tax Zone Assigned to your deal is that of the Location or the Customer.
- Appt Duration - This is used on the Service scheduler and the Sales appointments to set a default time, This is what all appointments will automatically be set to, They are still editable after being set.
- Tax ID State - Your State level tax ID for this location.
- Tax Local Rental Addition - If you rent equipment or vehicles, Often there is an additional tax billed on the rental, This is set here.
- Internal labor Rate - For use as a guide only, This is the average cost of work done on Service Job lines with a type of Internal, This is over ridden by the Standard Operation Code if otherwise defined.
- Sales Tax Account - if you use General Ledger Accounting, This is the defined account for all Sales tax to be entered to.
- Tax Parts - This will set the standard on all deal Parts cards to taxable or non, This is editable on the line level after the fact.
- Tax Labor - This will set the taxable setting on labor cards created on the Deal.
- Tax Id Federal - Your Federal Tax ID
- Tax Trade in - This will allow for the trade in amount to be deducted from the taxable Liability for a new vehicle purchase.
- Tax Misc. Charges - If your org uses Misc Charge codes on Service Repair Orders, this will allow you three options for when to charge Sales Tax All, None, or Respect the Misc charge code record.
- Tax Service Contracts - on the Deal, if you Sell Service contracts this will set the default value when you sell one to taxable. It is editable after it is added.
You might notice one additional field on the set up for Deal Fees, Leave it blank for now, we will circle back to that in a minute. Officially you have now created a new location, but there are a few more things to do in order for you to be able to utilize your new location effectively. In the beginning we asked about Users that would be accessing this location. Remember that by assigning a user to a location does not mean that they work there, it simply means that they can process orders and deals from that location. So go to the related tab of your new store and click New under Dealer Location Users:
Select the User you would like to have access to this location, If they are a technician check the box for that option. You need to do this for all users that need to be able to process work in this location. If you need to remove access to a location for a specified user you can edit them from the location and delete them and it will not affect their account, just their association to this location.
Misc. Charge Codes are explained in the following Article: https://help.dealerteam.com/Service_...._Charge_Coads
Last but not least are Deal Fees, These are Housed on the location record and will be unique to this location for all Deals written from it. The following is a Link to the article that explains how to add Deal Fees to the Location
Adding Deal Fees to the Location