After reading this article you will be able to:
- Locate the global search bar
- Use the global search bar
Step One: Locate the Global Search Bar
The Global Search Bar is located in the center of the header at the top of the page on all apps.
Step Two: Use the Global Search Bar
The Global Search bar consists of (a) object filter and the (b) input area.
Use key words to select records related to the content typed in the global search input. Enter specific field values of the desired record to refine your search.
- Enter the <desired content> in the input area.
Note: Click the Record from the dropdown for a quick navigation to the record.
- Hit Enter/ Return on the keyboard.
Note: Several Objects appear for "Nissan" such as Accounts, Contacts, Vehicle Inventories, Service Vehicles and Sales Ups.
- Click desired record.
Narrow the search by using the filter.
- Click the filter dropdown.
- Select desired object.
Note: Typing in the filter area is also available to narrow the object search.
- Click into the input area.
- Hit Enter/Return on the keyboard.
- Click the desired record.
To refine the search further there is a field filter on the left. The field filter will be specific for the selected object.