General Information Controlled by the Location
Default Settings Controlled by the Location
How the Location Record affects Sales
The Location Record contains valuable information that affects the Service Estimate, Service Repair Order, and the Deal Object. We can Set up a location to see how things are affected.
- The Location, Company Number and Location Account need to be entered.
- The Postal Code for the Default location needs to be entered and needs to have a Tax Zone Set up for that Zip code as well.
- Make sure the General Manager and the Service Manager are set up as active users.
- The Tax Misc. Charges field has three Options; 1.Tax all Misc Charge codes, 2. Tax None of the Misc Charge Codes, 3. Respect Misc Charge Code Record. Respect Misc. Charge Code Record is the most common configuration and used for this example. For additional Information see Misc Charge Codes.
How the Location Record affects Taxes
The Second Portion of the Location Record is where the Tax Settings are set up for Deals and Service Operations.
- All Labor Rates need to have a default labor value set on the Location Record. Each Labor Rates will determine how the system charges for each pay type. This applies to Service Estimate functions, Service Repair Orders, and Labor charged for an individual Labor Line, as determined by the Standard Operation Code.
- The Default local Tax Rate should be the combined State and County sales tax owed on a standard purchase.
- This Section covers what operations by default are taxable:
- Tax Delivery Address impacts whether the Deal will charge tax at the Store local rate or the Customer's delivery address
- Tax Parts impacts whether the Deal automatically flags parts cards to collect tax and whether it is charged on SRO or Parts invoice Lines.
- Tax Labor works in the same fashion as parts but for all labor operations.
- Tax Trade In is only used in a few states. It allows for a tax credit based on the ACV of the Trade in vehicle that offsets the liability of the New Vehicle. If your Store has this rule in place for your location the box should be checked.
- Tax Service Contracts will apply the Sales Tax Rate on your Deal to Service Contracts and Warranties sold.
- Set up the Default Days to First Payment and Default Rate and Terms. Entered values are covered in the Deal Recap Screen for desking information only.
Service & Parts Disclaimer
In the Service & Disclaimer section of the Location Record you can include default disclaimers that will print on Service and Parts Department documents. These can be up to 5000 Characters by default.
Dealer Location Users
You can associate active users to a specific location. Until you do that the user will not be able to see any of the actions associated with that location. A user can be associated with Multiple locations. If you need to be able to change the information or disassociate a user from a location you can use the Edit or Delete Functions.
The Technician check box will designate each user as a Technician so that you can allocate labor to them on a Service Repair Order.
The Last section on the Location Record is Misc Charge Codes. These are covered in the article (Misc Charge Codes)