The Location object in DealerTeam not only defines the physical location of a Store, it can also be used to control how you account for applied taxes, default rates, and can be used to limit the information available to a select group of users.
After reading this article you will be able to
- Create a new Location in Lightning
- Fill out the Location Fields
- Add Users to the Location
Contact your DealerTeam Success manager for guidance if you need clarification on any of the functions and fields referenced in this tutorial.
Step One: Navigate to Location
Navigate to the App Launcher and use the quick find to search for and select Location. When applicable, a list of current locations within your Organization will be displayed.
Click New to add a new Location.
Note: An org can heave up to 3000 locations
Step Two: Details Tab
Fill out the fields that apply to your new location. The New Location edit page has been divided into multiple parts for ease of explanation.
Details Tab - Main Information Section
- Location Name - This is how the Location will show up internally to your Users.
- Company Number - This is the unique prefix for all records for this Enterprise. (IE Parts and Service Repair Orders)
- Company Contract Name - This is the name that will appear on Official Documents, IE the Business Name. If your Organization has separate financials for the different locations be careful with this as Company Contract Name will show on Invoices and Bills.
- Location Account - This account is the Location Internal Account for all associated internal transactions and inventory ownership.
- General Manager - This is a lookup to users, this title is often leveraged on the Deal and Sales Up's by process builders. Another way to think of it would be the Sales Manager for your location.
- Service Director - This is a lookup to users, this again is leveraged in other areas. Service Director is typically the person who reviews the Service Repair Orders.
- Region - If your Organization supports multiple regions you can assign one here. This will allow the sales for this location to be tracked in reporting by Region.
- Showroom Hours - Business hours of the location showroom.
- Service Hours - Business hours of the location service center.
- Appt. Duration - This is used on the Service scheduler and the Sales appointments to set a default appointment duration. This is what all scheduled appointments will automatically be set to. They are still editable after being set.
- Location Closure Remarks - When closing a location, remarks are required to inform other relevant users as to the reason for the location closure.
- Street - This is used on forms, the Street Mailing Address is usually what you want here.
- City - Again this is for forms, use the City Mailing Address.
- State - Again this is for forms, use the State Mailing Address.
- Postal Code - Again this is for forms, use the Postal Code Mailing Address.
- County - This is the County where this location does business.
- Main Phone Number - This will be the direct line to your main phone.
- Email - This would be the general Email address for the location.
- Website - If there are unique websites for your location you can list them here.
- Open Hour - When the Showroom or Service Department Opens.
- Close Hour - When the Showroom or Service Departments Closes.
Details Tab - Business Office Section
- Dealer License - Enter Dealer License number
- B.A.R. # - Enter B.A.R. number
- EPA # - Enter EPA number
- Labor Cost (Default) - Default labor cost. This value is used to specify labor cost. This is known as cost averaging labor. Note, if this is populated and the Technician record also contains an hourly rate, the technicians hourly rate will be used.
- Pack - Pack amount to lower the commissionable gross.
- Default Rate - Used on the Deal recap screen to set default lender rate.
- Default Term - Used on the Deal recap screen to set default term of loan.
- Default Days to First Payment - Used on the Deal recap screen to calculate first payment due date.
- Carfax Username - Username for this location's Carfax account.
- Carfax Password - Password for this location's Carfax account.
- SalesUp Queue - The SalesUp Queue name that should own newly created SalesUp Records for this Dealership Location.
- Logo Name - Name of the static resource that should be used as this locations Forms Logo.
- Default Receipt Page - Each location can contain a default receipt PDF page reference (Visualforce). This allows the location to either use the DealerTeam provided Receipt Pages or a custom Page of their own.
- Default Deal Status - Set the default status of a Deal
- Deal Fees - Location based fees for a deal using a formula
- Deal Default Labor Rate - Default labor rate when adding a labor sale in a deal.
- Customer Pay Labor Rate - Default customer pay labor rate for this location.
- Internal Labor Rate - Default Internal Labor Rate, Standard Operation Code will override this rate.
- Warranty Labor Rate - Default labor rate for Warranty Labor Sales, this value is used in the Labor Operation Code does not contain a default labor rate.
Details Tab - Taxation Settings Section
- Tax Misc. Charges - If your org uses Misc Charge codes on Service Repair Orders, this will allow you three options for when to charge Sales Tax All, None, or Respect the Misc charge code record.
- Tax ID State - Your State level tax ID for this location.
- Tax ID Federal - Your Federal Tax ID
- Tax Service Contracts - on the Deal, if you Sell Service contracts this will set the default value when you sell one to taxable. It is editable after it is added.
- Tax Labor - This will set the taxable setting on labor cards created on the Deal.
- Tax Parts - This will set the standard on all deal Parts cards to taxable or non-taxable. This field is editable on the line level after the fact.
- Include Trade-In in Deal Push - System will include the Trade-In in the Deal Payload to DealerTrack DMS by default.
- Trade Tax Credit (NEW) - Check if your state has Trade-In Tax Credit on new vehicle sales.
- Trade-In Tax Credit (Used) - Check if your stat has Trade-In Tax Credit on used vehicle sales.
- Max Trade Tax Credit Amount - If populated, this field will limit the Trade-in Tax Credit amount on a deal.
- Tax Delivery Address - On the Deal This will toggle whether Sales Tax Zone Assigned to your deal is that of the Location or the Customer.
- Local Tax Rate - Default local tax rate.
- Tax Local Rental Addition - If you rent equipment or vehicles, this field provides additional tax that is billed on the rental.
Details Tab - Disclaimers Section
- Service RO Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the Service Repair Order.
- Service Estimate Disclaimer - The footer disclaimer input for the Service Estimate
- Service Invoice Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the Service Repair order Receipt.
- Parts Invoice Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the Parts Invoice page.
- Buyer's Guide Covered Items - Location-based covered items for the Buyers Guide printable forms.
- Buyer's Guide Duration - Duration of coverage on Dealer Limited Warranty.
- Buyer's Guide Labor Percent - Percentage of Labor Coverage on Buyer's Guide.
- Buyer's Guide Parts Percent - Percentage of Parts Coverage on Buyer's Guide.
- Internal labor Rate - For use as a guide only, this is the average cost of work done on Service Job lines with a type of Internal, This is over ridden by the Standard Operation Code if otherwise defined.
After entering the location information click Save.
You have officially created a new location, but there are a few more things to complete to effectively utilize your new location.
Step Three: Add Users to the Location
Open the new store location from the available list and click the Location Users tab.
Under the Location Users tab click New. Use the pop-up modal to search for active users to add to the location. If the user is a technician, check the box for that option to make them available in the service scheduler.
Repeat this process for all users that need access to work in this location. If you need to remove a specified user you can Edit the location and delete them. This will not affect their account, just remove their association to this location.
Assigning a user to a location simply means that they can process orders and deals from that location.