The Location object in DealerTeam not only defines the physical location of a Store, it can also be used to control how you account for applied taxes, default rates, and can be used to limit the information available to a select group of user.
After reading this article you will be able to
- Create a new Location in Lightning
- Fill Out the Location Fields
- Add Users to the Location
Contact your DealerTeam Success manager for guidance if you need clarification on any of the functions and fields referenced in this tutorial.
Step One: Navigate to Location
Navigate to the App Launcher and use the quick find to search for and select Location. When applicable, a list of current locations within your Organization will be displayed.
Click New to add a new Location.
Step Two: Fill Out the Location Fields
Fill out the fields that apply to your new location. The New Location edit page has been divided into multiple parts for ease of explanation
- Location Name - This is how the Location will show up internally to your Users.
- Region - If your Organization supports multiple regions you can assign one here. This will allow The sales for this location to be tracked in reporting by Region.
- Company Number - This is the Unique Prefix for all records for this Enterprise. ( IE Parts and Service Repair Orders)
- Main Phone Number - This will be the Direct line to your main phone
- Company Contract Name - This is the name that will appear on Official Documents, IE the Business Name. If your Organization has separate financials for the different locations be careful with this as Company Contract Name will show on Invoices and Bills.
- Email - This would be the general Email address for the location.
- Website - If there are unique websites for your location you can list them here.
- Location Account - This account is the Location Internal Account for all associated internal transactions and inventory ownership.
- Open Hour - When the Show room or Service Department Opens.
- Close Hour - When the Show room or Service Departments Closes.
- Street Address - This is used on forms, The Mailing Address is usually what you want here.
- City - Again this is for forms, Use the Mailing Address.
- State - Again this is for forms, Use the Mailing Address.
- General Manager - This is a lookup to users, This title is often leveraged on the Deal and Sales Up's by Process Builders, Another way to think of it would be the Sales Manager for your location.
- Postal Code - Again this is for forms, Use the Mailing Address.
- Service Director - This is a lookup to users, This again is leveraged in other areas, This would normally be the person who reviews the Service Repair Orders.
- County - This is the County where this location does business.
- Default Days to First Payment - Used on the Deal recap screen to calculate first payment due date.
- Default Rate - Used on the Deal recap screen to set default lender rate.
- Default Term - Used on the Deal recap screen to set default term of loan.
Just wait! it keeps coming...
- Service RO Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the The Service Estimate
- Service Invoice Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the Service Repair order Receipt
- Tax Local Rate - This is the Combined total of State and local jurisdiction taxes that need to be collected by your store on taxable work and sales.
- Parts Invoice Disclaimer - These comments can be leveraged on the Parts Invoice page.
- Tax Delivery Address - On the Deal This will toggle whether Sales Tax Zone Assigned to your deal is that of the Location or the Customer.
- Appt. Duration - This is used on the Service scheduler and the Sales appointments to set a default time, This is what all appointments will automatically be set to, They are still editable after being set.
- Tax ID State - Your State level tax ID for this location.
- Tax Local Rental Addition - If you rent equipment or vehicles, Often there is an additional tax billed on the rental, This is set here.
- Internal labor Rate - For use as a guide only, This is the average cost of work done on Service Job lines with a type of Internal, This is over ridden by the Standard Operation Code if otherwise defined.
- Sales Tax Account - if you use General Ledger Accounting, This is the defined account for all Sales tax to be entered to.
- Tax Parts - This will set the standard on all deal Parts cards to taxable or non, This is editable on the line level after the fact.
- Tax Labor - This will set the taxable setting on labor cards created on the Deal.
- Tax Id Federal - Your Federal Tax ID
- Tax Trade in - This will allow for the trade in amount to be deducted from the taxable Liability for a new vehicle purchase.
- Tax Misc. Charges - If your org uses Misc Charge codes on Service Repair Orders, this will allow you three options for when to charge Sales Tax All, None, or Respect the Misc charge code record.
- Tax Service Contracts - on the Deal, if you Sell Service contracts this will set the default value when you sell one to taxable. It is editable after it is added.
Catch your breath and click Save.
You have officially created a new location, but there are a few more things to complete to effectively utilize your new location.
Step Three: Add Users to the Location
Open the new store location from the available list and click the Related tab.
Under Dealer Location Users click New. Use the pop-up modal to search for active users to add to the location. If the user is a technician, check the box for that option to make them available in the service scheduler.
Repeat this process for all users that need access to work in this location. If you need to remove a specified user you can Edit the location and delete them. This will not affect their account, just remove their association to this location.
Assigning a user to a location simply means that they can process orders and deals from that location.