Certain users need to be assigned as Technicians to gain access to designated features. Designated Technicians are available to be selected on the Service Scheduler and Service Repair Orders from the Techs/Advisers dropdown list.
Before a User can be selected as a Technician on the Scheduler and Service Repair Orders they need to be added to a Location. Learn How to Add Users to a Location.
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to the location users
- Set a specific user as a technician
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Choose the Location
- Use the My Dealership section in the sidebar as a shortcut.
- Click the Change button to display available Locations.
- Click the desired Location Name.
In this example, we want to designate users at the San Francisco location.
Step Two: Designate Users as a Technician
Scroll to the bottom of the page and find Dealer Location Users.
- Click Edit next to any User who needs to be designated a Technician.
- Click New Dealer Location User to add a new user if they are not available.
- Check the box for Technician and click Save.
- If this box is not checked the user will not show on the Scheduler or Service Repair Orders.
The column will display a checked box for all users designated as Technicians.