In Salesforce Enterprise Edition a Standard Account is the default record type. The standard account has a parent-to-child relationship where an account can have multiple contacts. This follows the traditional B2B account relationship.
Most customers interacting with a dealership follow a B2C relationship. DealerTeam uses Person Accounts as the default record type to manage customer relationships. When Person Accounts are enabled, the record type has to be selected for use by an administrator before it is visible to user profiles.
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to Profiles
- Edit record type settings of profile
- Change the default record type
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic.
Step One: Navigate to Profiles
- Click Setup.
- Enter Profiles in the quick find area.
- Click Profiles.
Step Two: Edit Record Type Settings of Profile
- Click the profile name that requires a record setting changed
- Under the Record Type Setting section click Edit on the Account field.
- Click Person Account.
- Click the Add button.
- Click the dropdown icon button on the Default field
- Select the Person Account.
- Click Save.