As the System Admin you want to add the Time Clock component to the Home Page for Users to clock in and out.
Permissions are based on Profiles. The Time Clock has to be added as a component to the Home Page Layout and then assigned to all desired profiles.
After reading this article you will be able to:
- Confirm time clock custom component
- Navigate to the home page layout
- Add the time clock to the home page
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic.
Step One: Confirm Time Clock Custom Component
- Click Setup.
- Type Home Page Components in the quick find area.
- Click Home Page.
- Under Custom Components look for Time Clock Mobile
Note: If you do not see the Time Clock under Custom Components, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the feature be installed in your org.
Step Two: Navigate to Home Page Layout to Add Time Clock
- Enter Home Page Layouts in the quick find search.
- Click Home Page Layouts.
Step Three: Add the Time Clock to the Home Page
- Click the Page Layout Assignment button.
- Click Edit Assignments.
- Click the dropdown button on the profiles that require the time clock.
- Click Dashboard Home Page Default.
- Click Save.
Note: The Time Clock will be located in the collapsible Side Bar.
Learn how to use the Time Clock now that the feature has been added to the Home Page Layout.