After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to user setup
- Add a new user
- Add multiple users
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic.
Video: Add a New User
Note: The maximum number of users you can create is determined by your Edition.
Step One: Navigate to User Setup
- Click Setup.
- Enter Users in quick find area.
- Click Users.
Step Two: Adding a Single User
- Click the New User button.
- Fill out the | Required fields.
The new user screen consists of (a) name info, (b) email info, (c) company info, (d) hierarchy info, (e) phone info, (f) time zone.
Note: Some fields auto populate. For example the email address becomes the user name by default. If you change the username it must be in email address format.
- In the Approver Settings section check the Generate new password and notify user immediately checkbox.
- Click Save.
Step Three: Adding Multiple Users
The add Multiple Users page provides a quick way to add users to your organization. Depending on the number of available licenses, you can create up to 10 users. With this page, you specify the minimum information needed. Once you've created the users, edit individual users to add more details for each one.
- Click the Add Multiple Users button.
- Select the user license you want to associate with the users.
Note: The user license determines the available profiles.
- Add the | Required fields for each user that is being created.
- Check the Generate passwords and notify user via email checkbox.
- Click Save.