In this article, you will be able to create the method of assigning the next stock number to your vehicle inventory record. We have a few methods of creating the next available stock number.
- Assign by last of Vin number.
- Assign by a numerical sequence with a starting stock number.
- Assign by using Stock Number Book.
After reading the article you will be able to select a method and set up your stock numbering for your organization.
To get to the setting to create your style of stock numbering, All Tabs>DMS Defaults>Sales Department Settings, this is where you can select the method of your custom stock numbering.
Assign Stock Number by last of Vin Number
- Select, Stock Number Automatically
- Select, Stock# Length if last of Vin and input how many of the last of the vin you would like your stock number to be. (recommend at least 8) using 6 could result in duplicates.
Assign by a numerical sequence with a starting stock number.
- Select Assign Stock Number Automatically.
- Select, Assign Stock Number by Sequence.
- Select, Current Stock Number Sequence and add a number that you would like to start with.
Assign by using Stock Number Book.
With this feature, you can create a custom alphanumerical stock book.
Creating a Stock Number Book
Go to All Tabs> Stock Number Book>New.
- Add the stock number to be used.
- select the location of the store to use this stock number.
- Select the sequence of when you want it used.
- Select the Active checkbox.
- Click on Save & New to create next stock number.
(Recommended) Data load
To Data load, you can create an excel file with the following information, Stock number, Location ID, Sequence, and a field for the Active checkbox to be checked. See your Systems Admin for details on Data loads.