After completing this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to service contracts
- Create a new service contract
- Understand the requirements of a service contract
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to the Service Contracts
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Service Contracts in the quick find area.
- Click Service Contracts.
Step Two: Create a New Service Contract
- Click New.
- Select the record type Contract.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the desired fields to build out the Service Contract.
Some of the general fields include (a) Deductible, (b) Description, (c) Type, (d) Sale Price, (e) Cost, (f) Expiration Months, and (g) Expiration Mileage.
- Check the Contract Template box.
- Click Save.
- The required field Deductible is set to 0.00 by default.
- Selecting the Contract Template checkbox to make the Service Contract available to add to Deals.
- Once saved, Gross will be calculated and display directly under Cost.
- Price , Cost, Months, and Mileage are editable at time of sale.
Service Contracts marked as Contract Templates are available and display on the Deal Screen. Learn how to add a Service Contract to a Deal.