Customize Chatter Feed Tracking
You can configure feed tracking for Users, Chatter Groups, Topics, Custom Objects, External Objects and the following standard objects, Accounts, Article Types, Contacts, Contracts, Dashboards, Reports, Events, and Tasks.
|User Permissions Needed|
|To customize fields tracked in feeds:||“Customize Application”|
|To view the field tracking setup page:||“View Setup and Configuration”|
- From Setup, click .
- Select an object.
- Select Enable Feed Tracking. You must have the required user permissions to see this checkbox. To restore the default feed tracking settings for an object, click Restore Defaults.
- Select up to 20 fields to track. You can’t select fields for external objects or article types.
- If you have actions in the publisher enabled, you see the All Related Objects option. Select this checkbox to show feed items when related objects are created.
- Click Save.
The following standard field types can't be tracked
- Auto-number, formula, and roll-up summary fields
- Encrypted and read-only system fields
- The Expected Revenue field on opportunities