Set field-level security for any Profile and restrict visibility to fields within an object for users under that profile.
After reading this article you will be able to
- Navigate to the Profile settings
- Restrict Visibility for different profiles
- Set custom field-level security on objects
In this example:
- Restrict sales consultants from seeing cost and gross figures, while maintaining access to the Deals object.
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic
Step One: Navigate to the Profile Settings
1. Click Setup
2. Click the dropdown button next to Manage Users
3. Click Profiles
4. Click on the profile name Sales Consultant.
- Do not click Edit
- When selecting a profile click the letters on top to filter results
5. In the Field-Level Security section click the View button next to the Deal object
Note: Field Level Security is located under the Page Layouts section
6. Click the Edit button
Step Two: Custom Field Level Security on Objects
1. Remove the check marks fields related to cost and gross figures in both the Read and Edit access columns.
Note: Any user with the profile Sales Consultant will no longer have permission to see these fields when looking at a Deal.
2. When finished click Save.