After reading this article you will be able to
- Navigate to the Setup menu
- Add CarFax Username and CarFax Password fields to the Location lightning page.
- Grant access to CarFax API
- Add the CarFax widget to a custom lightning page
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Lightning Experience.
Step One: Navigate to Setup
To add fields to a page layout, follow the steps below and navigate to Setup.
- Click the gear icon.
- Click Setup.
Attention: To modify the page layout you will need access to Setup. If you do not see the gear icon contact your Systems Admin.
Step Two: Add CarFax Username and CarFax Password fields
- Click the Object Manager Tab.
- Type Location in the Quick Search input.
- Click the Location link in the label column. If two Location links are available, choose the custom Location with the API Name dealer__Dealer_Location__c .
- Select the Page Layouts section.
- Click Dealer Location Layout to open the page layout editor.
- With Fields selected in the sidebar, type CarFax in the quick find input.
- Drag and Drop the CarFax fields into the Location Detail section.
- Click Save once the two fields have been added to the page layout.
Step Three: Granting CarFax API Access
- Click the app launcher icon.
- Type Locations in the quick find input.
- Click Locations.
- Click your Location Name.
- Click Edit.
- Enter CarFax Username.
- Enter CarFax Password.
- Click Save.
Step Four: Adding the CarFax Widget
In this example we will add the CarFax Widget to the Vehicle Inventory lightning page. By following the same steps, it can also be added to the Trade-In page layout.
Note: The CarFax widget is on the Mobility Appraisal screen by default. To learn how to use the CarFax component click here.
- Click the Object Manager button.
- Type Vehicle Inventory in the Quick Search input.
- Click the Vehicle Inventory link in the label column.
- Click the Page Layouts section.
- Click the the Page Layout you wish to edit.
- Select Visualforce Pages from the sidebar menu and type CarFax in the quick find.
- Drag the CarFax widget into the Vehicle Inventory detail section.
- Click Save.