After reading this article you will be able to
- Navigate to the Setup menu
- Add CarFax Username and CarFax Password fields to the Location lightning page.
- Grant access to CarFax API
Step One: Navigate to Setup
To add fields to a page layout, follow the steps below and navigate to Setup.
- Click the gear icon.
- Click Setup.
Attention: To modify the page layout you will need access to Setup. If you do not see the gear icon contact your Systems Admin.
Step Two: Add CarFax Username and CarFax Password fields
- Click the Object Manager Tab.
- Type Location in the Quick Search input.
- Click the Location link in the label column. If two Location links are available, choose the custom Location with the API Name dealer__Dealer_Location__c .
- Select the Page Layouts section.
- Click Dealer Location Layout to open the page layout editor.
- With Fields selected in the sidebar, type CarFax in the quick find input.
- Drag and Drop the CarFax fields into the Location Detail section.
- Click Save once the two fields have been added to the page layout.
Step Three: Granting CarFax API Access
- Click the app launcher icon.
- Type Locations in the quick find input.
- Click Locations.
- Click your Location Name.
Note: Add CarFax credentials to each location that will be using the CarFax Widget.
- Click Edit.
- Enter CarFax Username.
- Enter CarFax Password.
- Click Save.