After reading this article you will be able to:
- Navigate to sales cloud connector mapping
- Set source object and fields
- Navigate to the sales cloud connector
- Enable the sales cloud connector
- Map fields
Step One: Navigate to Sales Cloud Connector Mapping
- From Setup enter Custom Metadata Types in the quick find area.
- Click Custom Metadata Types.
- Click Manage Records on sales Cloud Connector Mapping
Step Two: Set Source Object and Fields
- Click New.
- Enter the Label.
- Click the input area to auto-fill the SalesCloudConnectorMappingName.
- Select desired Source Object.
- Select desired Source Field.
- Click Save.
When setting Source Object only select the objects below:
- Sales Up [dealer]
- Deals [dealer]
The SalesCloudConnectorMapping include the fields below:
|(a) Label||The human readable label of the Custom Metadata record.|
|(b) Source Object||The object with data to get mapped from. This should be either an Opportunity, Sales Up or Deal.|
|(c) SalesCloudConnectorMapping Name||The API name of the Custom Metadata record.|
|(d) Source Field||The field with data to get mapped from.|
|(e) Role||If the Source Field is a Contact or Account lookup then adding a value in the Role field will create an OpportunityContactRole or PartnerAccount junction object record sitting between the Opportunity and relevant Contact or Account.|
|(f) Protected Component||If a developer releases protected custom metadata records in a managed package, access to them is limited in specific ways.|
Two Way Syncing
To create two-way synchronization of a field two Custom Metadata records are required, one for each sync direction.
Example: If the desire is to sync Sales Up Lead Status with Opportunity Stage then two Custom Metadata records are required. The first will have the Source Object and Source Field from the Sales Up and the second will have the Source Object and Source Field from the Opportunity.
Sales Up, Primary Deal, and Opportunity Fields
Fields can sync with the Opportunity between the Sales Up or Primary Deal. Each field on the Opportunity can only sync with a single field on the either the Sales Up or Primary Deal. In order for the field to sync in both directions two separate Custom Metadata records must get created.
Contact and Account Lookup Fields
If the Source Field is an Account or Contact lookup then the Mapped Field and/or the Role may get populated. If the Role field is populated then a Contact Role (OpportunityContactRole) or a Partner Role (OpportunityPartner) will get created. If a Mapped Field is also included then both the field sync and related role will get created.
Step Four: Navigate to Sales Cloud Connector
- Click the App Launcher icon.
- Enter Sales Cloud Connector in the quick find area.
- Click Sales Cloud Connector.
Step Five: Enable the Sales Cloud Connector
Ensure the Sales Cloud Connector tab permission is enabled for your user.
- Click the switch to Activate it.
Step Six: Map Fields
- Select assigned Source Object Tab
- Click the dropdown under Opportunity Fields.
- Select desired field.
- Click Save.
Field Mapping Rules
- When enabled an Opportunity will get created upon Sales Up edit if the Opportunity field is blank. If an Opportunity does not have a related Sales Up no sync will occur for that Opportunity.
- Do not map fields to System Fields such as Created Date
- It is required that Source Fields and Mapped Fields have the same field type to work properly. For example, you cannot map a text field to a rich text field.
- Picklists should contain the same options to get the expected result.
- Take note of any validation rules, process builders or workflow triggers that would prohibit status changes and adjust them accordingly
Contact and Partner Roles
Contact & Account lookup fields will appear on the Contact & Partner Roles tabs respectively, for mapping to Opportunity using the native Salesforce functionality.
Learn more about Custom Metadata Types in Salesforce.