After completing this article you will be able to
- Navigate to Service Contracts
- Create a new Service Contract
- Understand the requirements of a Service Contract
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This article is designed for Salesforce Classic.
Step One: Navigate to the Service Contracts
The tab bar displays Tabs based off by the selected DealerTeam App; Sales Department, Service Department or Parts Department. The tab Service Contracts does not display by default. Learn how to customize the tab bar.
1. Click the All Tabs + icon
2. Locate and Click on Service Contracts.
Step Two: Create a new Service Contracts
1. Click the New button.
2. Select the Record Type from the drop down menu
3. Click the Continue button.
4. Fill in the fields as desired to build out the Service Contract.
5. Click the Save button.
- The required field Deductible is set to 0.00 by default.
- Select the check box Contract Template to make the Service Contract available to add to Deals.
- Once saved, Gross will be calculated and display directly under Cost.
Service Contracts marked as Contract Templates are available and display on the Deal Screen. Learn how to add a Service Contract to a Deal.